Working for Cognita
We compete with leading independent schools in the recruitment and retention of some of the world’s best teachers. We believe that this is because of our positive, professional approach to teaching and the stress we place on the importance of the school community.
What we look for in our teachers:
- A high degree of professionalism
- A lively engagement with the subject-content of their lessons
- A genuine appreciation for their pupils, and keen interest in their character and development
- Above all, and in all things, a clear commitment to teaching excellence
- Joining the teaching staff of a Cognita school offers the attractive prospect of:
- Working with supportive and engaged parents
- Being able to adopt a highly relational approach to teaching
- Generally small classes of respectful and well-motivated pupils
- Active encouragement to full participation in the extra-curricular life of our schools
- Support for your continuing professional development and training from our education team
- A professional teacher network with which to exchange ideas and share best practice
We don’t just have teaching positions either, to support our staff and students we have a complete range of support and management positions.
At Cognita we strongly believe in respect for, and equal treatment of, all persons – regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business, and in the way we conduct ourselves.
We are committed to best practice in employment as in every other aspect of our business. The best people will be placed in the role that is most suited to them, and will be given every opportunity and support to succeed and develop. In turn, we expect our staff to recognise and respect the many different racial groups, religious cultures and languages represented by children attending our nurseries and schools. This in turn will help them to develop positive attitudes to human diversity.
Cognita aims to offer every member of the team a competitive salary, a range of benefits and a great future. As an employee of Cognita you are entitled to a range of benefits and services in addition to your basic salary, relative to your role and experience. These benefits may vary within each Cognita region so for further details, please contact the relevant Human Resources department for each Cognita region.
To view all Cognita school current vacancies, please click here.