- School: North Bridge House Senior School Hampstead, London, UK
- Type of Job: School Non-Teaching
- Duration: Full-Time
About the School
About the School – North Bridge House is a family of 6 independent day schools for boys and girls aged 2-18 years. Families can benefit from the option of a stress-free all-through education or choose individually tailored preparation for the next stage of their child’s school career. It is our specialist expertise that ensures every pupil realises their true academic and personal potential – setting them on a clear journey to find their True North. The school now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Site Officer to join our fantastic team.
Cognita is an extraordinary family of diverse yet connected schools, spanning thirteen different countries. We share one common purpose: to create an inspiring world of education that builds self-belief and empowers individuals to succeed. A global leader in independent education with over 100 schools in Europe, Latin America, North America, Middle East and Asia, we offer excellent professional development as well as outstanding networking and career opportunities.
About the role
The Site Officer is required to assist in the provision of a day-to-day maintenance function, to ensure the smooth running of the North Bridge House Schools’ operations. Ensuring the school buildings and grounds are kept clean, safe,
Main duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To ensure that the maintenance of the school building and grounds is undertaken and provide the necessary information of completion to the head of estate.
- General minor repair work including doors, windows, toilet seats and flushes, furniture, tap washers and some painting of doors and walls. Appropriate refurbishment, painting and decoration. (This list is not exhaustive, but an example)
- To ensure that all emergency, security and safety systems and equipment (fire extinguishers, fire alarms, intruder alarms, surveillance systems, tools etc.) are monitored, maintained, and tested as appropriate.
- To follow procedures set out for the safety and security of the school premises including retrieving CCTV footage as requested.
- To ensure the necessary records of the school building, grounds and equipment are kept in relation to Health and Safety (H&S) and statutory inspection and maintenance guidelines.
Who we are looking for:
To be considered for this role you will have a Full UK Driving Licence and have multiple years’ experience within the building maintenance sector. We would also expect;
- A practical hands-on approach
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate a knowledge of building trade skills and ground maintenance
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Ability to work with enthusiasm and motivation without direct supervision or when part of a team.
- Experience of FM reporting/logging software
- Effective time management
Benefits at Cognita
- Competitive salary depending upon qualifications and experience
- Free coffee and tea supplied throughout the day
- Public holidays
- School fee discount
- Exclusive third-party discounts
- Professional Development
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
We believe having a diverse workforce makes us better, smarter and happier and so welcome applicants from all backgrounds, genders, and races. We have an unwavering commitment to being fair and equitable in our recruitment process.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and completed application form to: Jennifer Charbonneau Jennifer.Charbonneau@cognita.com and Alan Keane Alan.Keane@northbridgehouse.com. Please note we do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE ENCOURAGED, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW AND APPOINT PRIOR TO CLOSING DATE FOR THE RIGHT APPLICANT.
Applicants who have not heard from us by the closing date must assume that, on this occasion, their application has been unsuccessful.
Want to be the first to hear about Cognita Jobs?
Sign up to our jobs newsletter now