- Country: United Kingdom
- School: Polam School, Bedford, UK
- Deadline: 01/03/2022
About the School
Looking for a new challenge or a fresh start in a new setting? Want to work in a small, friendly nursery with an excellent reputation? Judged outstanding 3 inspections in a row and the only nursery in Bedford with Millie’s Mark – the gold standard in paediatric first aid -we are looking for someone special to join our experienced team.
We have a low turnover of staff, so opportunities to join our team don’t come along often. And you can be assured that the input you have in those all-important Early Years will be instrumental when our children move up into our school, which has just been crowned Independent Pre-prep School of the Year 2021.
As a nursery attached to an independent school our term dates are shorter than state. You will be contracted to work 34 weeks of term plus 5 weeks of holiday club, with the opportunity to work more holiday club as overtime if you would like. Exact term dates can be found on our website: https://www.polamschool.co.uk/school-life/term-dates/
You may be asked to work one or a combination of the following shifts:
8am-4pm, 8:30am-4:30am, 9am-5pm or 10am-6pm. Hours of work can be discussed at interview stage.
As part of the Cognita Schools Group, a global leader in independent education, we will encourage and support your professional development and will provide comprehensive support for your wellbeing. In terms of working environment and benefits we can offer you:
- Small class sizes in a homely, well-equipped setting
- Full induction and continued professional development opportunities
- A dedicated, friendly and inspirational team
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- A number of initiatives focused on the wellbeing of our staff including:
o Inclusive paid lunches
o School fee discounts
o Access to Cognita Care First- a leading independent provider of employee support services offering professionally qualified counsellors and information specialists
o Membership of ‘My Staff Shop’ -an opportunity to save money at high street shops
o Increased holiday allowance in comparison to state regulated schools
o ‘Super Camps’ holiday discount for your children
o Eye-test reimbursement for VDU operators
Our ideal candidate will:
- A relevant childcare qualification (Level 3 minimum)
- Show a clear commitment to the provision of high quality education
- Have a positive approach to learning new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Show an interest in the care, learning and development of children
- Be an effective team player who can work collaboratively with a small and passionate team
- Be committed to working closely with our parents, providing the excellent standard of care they expect
How to Apply
Tours of nursery are highly recommended and will be carried out in a COVID safe manner
If you would like to join our supportive and family friendly school, then please download the application form and email, with a covering letter, to: email@example.com
An application form and further information can be downloaded from https://www.cognita.com/careers/all/ Closing date: open until a suitable candidate is found.
Job Location: UK
Job Type: School Teaching & Learning
Duration: Full time
Want to be the first to hear about Cognita Jobs?
Sign up to our jobs newsletter now