Games and PE Teacher
- Country: United Kingdom
- School: St Margaret's Preparatory School, Halstead, UK
- Deadline: 04/04/2023
About the School
Cognita is an extraordinary group of diverse yet connected schools, spanning sixteen different countries. We share one common purpose: to create an inspiring world of education that builds self-belief and empowers individuals to succeed. With over 100 schools in Europe, Latin America, Middle East, North America and Asia, we employ 15,000 teaching and support staff in the care and education of more than 75,000 students.
We have an exciting position for a Games and PE Teacher (including netball and hockey specialism), reporting into the Head of Sport, the successful candidate will have the talent, enthusiasm, energy and love of learning required to get the best from motivated and delightful children who are taught in small classes. They will also demonstrate the flexibility and commitment that is the hallmark of St Margaret’s staff. The successful candidate will deliver excellent classroom lessons to KS2 pupils and also have the ability to teach PE, netball, hockey, cricket and athletics to pupils throughout the school. Please note: This is an onsite role and candidates must be situated in the Gosfield, Halstead, Essex, area to commute to schools as required.
Please note this role is based within St Margaret’s Preparatory School
Key Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Planning, preparing and delivering innovative and engaging lessons in Sport, PE and Games.
- Specialism to include coaching netball, hockey, cricket and athletics Leading lunch time and before school team practices, including a very popular morning cross country club.
- Delivering after-school sports clubs Providing guidance and advice to pupils on educational matters Communicating and consulting with parents in a proactive and professional manner
- Overseeing preparation of sports teams for netball and hockey.
- Leading teams at home and away fixtures and tournaments (some of which may be at the weekend and some distance from school)
- Participating in meetings as required Knowledge of requirements of independent school sports scholarships and ability to teach pupils to the appropriate level
- Deliver excellent classroom lessons to KS2 pupils in subjects mutually agreed with the Head.
- Fully responsible for the pastoral welfare of pupils under care, both at school and when off site.
- Accompanying pupils on trips away from school, some of which may be residential. Act as a Form Teacher, responsible for the pastoral care of the pupils in the class.
Assessment and Reporting
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records of pupil progress and attainment and reporting on same.
- Completing reports and references on individual or groups as required.
- Attend parents’ evenings
- Participating in a robust performance management programme
Further Learning and Development
- Consistently reviewing teaching methods and programmes of study to accommodate developments in education.
- Actively engaging in your own professional development in line with mentoring from members of the Leadership Team.
- Working with the Head, Deputy Head, subject co-ordinators and other teachers on the preparation and development of schemes of work, teaching materials, methods of teaching and assessment.
- Contributing towards the development and implementation of the School Development and Improvement Plans.
- Participating in meetings which relate to the welfare and education of pupils and the effective running of the School.
- Assisting at school concerts, fetes, plays and other events as required.
- Liaising with Head of Sport and other schools to set up a comprehensive fixture list for each term.
- Accurate and prompt communication of fixture details and team selection to staff and parents.
- Working within the Sports Department to organise and run Sports Day.
- Participating in administrative and organisational tasks required to ensure effective deliver of curriculum and pastoral care. Undertaking supervision duties as required.
Previous Experience Must Include:
- A proven outstanding teacher or coach
- Excellent people skills and the ability to communicate effectively and empathetically with parents.
- Qualified Teacher Status or appropriate level of experience and certification
- Experience in teaching PE, games and classroom subjects
- Well organised, creative and innovative
- A willingness to become involved in the wider life of the School
Here at Cognita we offer a Competitive Salary with some other benefits:
- Our salary matches the State ‘M’ Scale
- Eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- School fees discount (conditions apply)
- My Staff Shop
- Cognita Care and Wellbeing
- Staff tea/coffee
- Lunch provided daily (term time only)
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe having a diverse workforce makes us better, smarter and happier and so welcome applicants from all backgrounds, genders, and races. We have an unwavering commitment to being fair, inclusive and equitable in our recruitment process.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please send your application form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be the first to hear about Cognita Jobs?
Sign up to our jobs newsletter now