Events and Comms Co-ordinator
- Country: United Kingdom
- School: Meoncross School, Fareham, UK
- Deadline: 10/04/2023
About the School
Cognita is an extraordinary group of diverse yet connected schools, spanning sixteen different countries. We share one common purpose: to create an inspiring world of education that builds self-belief and empowers individuals to succeed. With over 100 schools in Europe, Latin America, Middle East, North America and Asia, we employ 15,000 teaching and support staff in the care and education of more than 75,000 students.
We have an exciting position for a Communications and Events Coordinator to join our Meoncross School, reporting into the Pod Marketing Manager, playing an integral role in the brand management of the school. Please note: This is an onsite role and will require some travel to our Kingscourt School based in Catherington, Hampshire. Candidates must be situated in the Hampshire area to commute to the schools as required (please see attached document for further details.)
The Communications and Events Coordinator will develop the school’s communications and will implement the organic marketing strategy whilst simultaneously driving forward a dynamic social media and events presence to showcase the school. They will contribute towards all aspects of marketing at the school and will ensure all content aligns with the school’s brand values, ensuring collateral is compliant with the brand guidelines. The role will require attendance and operational input into key school events such as open days.
The role will support the wider marketing strategy as set out by the Marketing Manager which should ensure the school is represented, in all mediums, in line with an agreed strategic positioning and clear ethos to ensure the maximum number of enquires and leads are provided to the admissions teams and drive the highest retention of existing students. The role will also be responsible for creating ‘special moments’ that exceed customer’s expectations – that delight and surprise – through communication and in-person events.
Key Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- To assist in the design of communication and promotional material
- To manage the school’s social media presence
- To create social media posts and editorial content
- To create conversion communications and email campaigns for all stakeholders within the pipeline and school community
- To manage the school newsletter
- To manage the communications and content scheduling within Cognita Connect
- To oversee stock of printed publications and merchandise
- To assist in the organisation and management of internal and external events that promote the school to prospective and existing parents such as open days
- To assist capturing photography and video of internal events that can be used in comms/social media
- To assist with tours for prospective families in the absence of the Admissions Manager
- Support on admissions and marketing activity within the school
- Provide support to the Head Teacher, School Business Manager, Admissions Manager and other school colleagues
- Be a nice person who is likeable and can relate easily to others
- Enjoys and is energised by interacting with others
- A self-starter who can operate with autonomy and learns quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to make an emotional connection through communication
- Ability to work well within a team First class organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with an organised approach to tasks, with attention to detail
- Dedication to creating ‘special moments’ that exceed customer’s expectations, that delight and surprise
- A keen eye for detail and an interest in brand guardianship App skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills.
- Skill in design and/or communication software a benefit (such as InDesign, Photoshop and Canva)
Previous Experience Must Include:
- Experience of managing communication campaigns
- Experience of managing large complex events
- Experience in Marketing and/or Brand Management
- Previous experience of working in a complex, busy, service-driven culture: ideally a school but this isn’t a must-have
- Experience in use of technology apps, especially social media
Here at Cognita we offer a Competitive Salary with some other benefits:
- Possible staff discount
- Midday meal provided for staff during termtime
- The school is committed to staff development: there is an annual performance management scheme and regular opportunities for in-service training.
- We run an Induction Programme for all new staff
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe having a diverse workforce makes us better, smarter and happier and so welcome applicants from all backgrounds, genders, and races. We have an unwavering commitment to being fair, inclusive and equitable in our recruitment process.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please submit a letter of application together with a completed application
form for the attention of Miss Sue Watson, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be the first to hear about Cognita Jobs?
Sign up to our jobs newsletter now