Digital Learning Adviser- POD 1
- Country: United Kingdom
- School: Regional/Head Office Role
- Type of Job: Regional/Head Office
- Duration: Full-Time
- Deadline: 25/09/2023
Regional/Head Office Role
The functional leaders and professionals in Cognita’s Head and Regional Offices are critical to taking our business forward. They support the work of our educational leaders, teaching colleagues and each other to ensure all in Cognita contribute to enriching the lives of children to achieve more than they believe possible.
Cognita is an extraordinary family of diverse yet connected schools, spanning thirteen different countries. We share one common purpose: to create an inspiring world of education that builds self-belief and empowers individuals to succeed. A global leader in independent education with over 100 schools in Europe, Latin America, North America, Middle East and Asia, we offer excellent professional development as well as outstanding networking and career opportunities.
The Digital Learning Adviser will lead the development and implementation of the Digital Learning Strategy for their ‘pod’ of schools, aligned to the wider Cognita Group Digital Learning Policy. This will enable continuous improvement in digital learning to enrich student outcomes. The role is remote and you will be based from home, but you will be required to travel to the POD 1 schools listed below on a regular basis.
Oxford House School, Colchester
Colchester Prep & High School, Colchester.
St Margaret’s Preparatory School, Halstead
Akeley Wood School, Milton Keynes
Polam School, Bedford
Quinton House School, Northampton
St Clare’s School, Portcawl
Oakleigh House School, Swansea
Long Close School, Slough
Kings School & Nursery, Plymouth
Hydesville Tower School, Walsall
Huddersfield Grammar School, Huddersfield
Meoncross School, Fareham
Kingscourt School, Catherington
St Mary’s School, Henley-on Thames
- Work collaboratively with school leaders and Digital Learning Leads to help execute and evaluate their Digital Learning Strategy
- Empower and build capacity of Digital Learning Leads and champions in
- Build and nurture a community for Digital Learning Leads and champions to share good practice and innovative ideas.
- Identify and disseminate effective practices across the pod to promote knowledge animation.
- Develop staff capabilities through design and delivery of professional learning opportunities.
- Ensure schools use the Digital Maturity Scale to drive measurable improvement.
- Support schools in ensuring teaching staff have the key skills, knowledge and confidence to effectively use technology to enhance learning.
- Participate in the wider regional and global Digital Learning Adviser network to share insights
- Support Digital Learning innovation projects to push boundaries and generate new practices
- Maintain positive relationships with leaders and Digital Learning Leads in pod
- Ensure the effective integration of new hardware and software in schools.
- Support the work of the Pod team by ensuring the voice of the schools support strategic planning and effective operations.
Who we are looking for:
- Education Degree or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of evidence-based effective practices in digital learning
- Ability to empower staff and develop capabilities.
- Strong project management skills
- Builds positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Pushes boundaries to generate innovative practices.
- Effective communicator, able to deliver engaging training in person and remotely.
Further digital learning accreditations are desirable:
- Google Certified Educator
- Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert
- Experience teaching with mobile devices
Benefits at Cognita
- Competitive salary depending upon qualifications and experience.
- Private Healthcare
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- School fee discount
- Exclusive third-party discounts
- Professional Development
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and completed application form to: Recruitment@cognita.com Please note we do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.
EARLY APPLICATIONS ARE ENCOURAGED, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW AND APPOINT PRIOR TO CLOSING DATE FOR THE RIGHT APPLICANT.
Applicants who have not heard from us by 1 week after the closing date must assume that, on this occasion, their application has been unsuccessful.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Want to be the first to hear about Cognita Jobs?
Sign up to our jobs newsletter now