Communications and Events Coordinator – Charterhouse Square School
- Country: United Kingdom
- School: Charterhouse Square School, London, UK
- Type of Job: School Non-Teaching
- Duration: Full-Time
- Deadline: 31/03/2023
About the School
Cognita is an extraordinary group of diverse yet connected schools, spanning sixteen different countries. We share one common purpose: to create an inspiring world of education that builds self-belief and empowers individuals to succeed. With over 100 schools in Europe, Latin America, Middle East, North America and Asia, we employ 15,000 teaching and support staff in the care and education of more than 75,000 students.
We have an exciting position for a Communications and Events Coordinator to join Charterhouse Square School, reporting into the School Admissions Manager, playing an integral role in the brand management of the school.
The Communications and Events Coordinator will develop the school’s communications and will implement the organic marketing strategy whilst simultaneously driving forward a dynamic social media and events presence to showcase the school. They will contribute towards all aspects of marketing at the school and will ensure all content aligns with the school’s brand values, ensuring collateral is compliant with the brand guidelines. The role will require attendance and operational input into key school events such as open days.
The role will support the wider marketing strategy as set out by the Marketing Manager which should ensure the school is represented, in all mediums, in line with an agreed strategic positioning and clear ethos to ensure the maximum number of enquires and leads are provided to the admissions teams and drive the highest retention of existing students. The role will also be responsible for creating ‘special moments’ that exceed customer’s expectations – that delight and surprise – through communication and in-person events.
Please note this role is based within Charterhouse Square School.
Key Responsibilities will include, (but not limited to):
- To assist in the design of communication and promotional material
- To manage the school’s social media presence
- To create social media posts and editorial content
- To create conversion communications and email campaigns for all stakeholders within the pipeline and school community
- To manage the school newsletter
- To manage the communications and content scheduling within Cognita Connect
- To oversee stock of printed publications and merchandise
- To assist in the organisation and management of internal and external events that promote the school to prospective and existing parents such as open days
- To assist capturing photography and video of internal events that can be used in comms/social media
- To assist with tours for prospective families in the absence of the Admissions Manager
The ideal candidate will have great interpersonal skills, enjoys interacting with others and partnering with the wider team. Enjoys and is energised by interacting with others
You will be a self-starter who can operate with autonomy and learns quickly. Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to make an emotional connection through communication.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work well within a team
- Great organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with an organised approach to tasks, with attention to detail.
- Dedication to creating ‘special moments’ that exceed customer’s expectations, that delight and surprise
- A keen eye for detail and an interest in brand guardianship
- App skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills. Skill in design and/or communication software a benefit (such as InDesign, Photoshop and Canva)
- Experience of managing communication campaigns
- Experience of managing large complex events
- Experience in Marketing and/or Brand Management
- Previous experience of working in a complex, busy, service-driven culture: ideally a school but this isn’t a must-have
- Experience in use of technology apps, especially social media
Here at Cognita we offer a Competitive Salary with some other benefits:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Professional development
- School fee discount
- 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe having a diverse workforce makes us better, smarter and happier and so welcome applicants from all backgrounds, genders, and races. We have an unwavering commitment to being fair, inclusive and equitable in our recruitment process.
To comply with safeguarding policies, procedures and code of conduct
To demonstrate a personal commitment to safeguarding & student/colleague wellbeing
To ensure that safeguarding concerns or incidents are reported appropriately in line with policy
To engage in safeguarding training when required
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
How to Apply
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply by submitting a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on Friday 31st March 2023.
Want to be the first to hear about Cognita Jobs?
Sign up to our jobs newsletter now