British School of Barcelona named an international school of ‘global quality’
We are pleased to announce that The British School of Barcelona (BSB), a Cognita school in Spain, has been confirmed as a COBIS Accredited Member.
The Council of British International Schools (COBIS) represents and quality assures over 265 British international schools in more than 75 countries worldwide. Being a COBIS school means that the BSB operates within specific guidelines of ethical practice and good governance, which reflect the high standards and ethos expected of a first-class British-style educational system.
This quality kite mark will support the school’s commitment to academic excellence by providing educational resources, products and services for the benefit of the whole school community and practically it means:
- Formal recognition of school inspections carried out by all inspectorates approved by the Department for Education (UK) for British Schools Overseas
- Quality assurance in member schools
- Representation with the British Government, educational bodies, the corporate sector
- Professional networking opportunities via a forum for discussion through conferences, seminars and continuing professional development
- Disclosure and Barring Service checks to promote child protection and safe recruitment and employment practices
- Opportunities for students to participate in a wide range of competitions, awards and activities across the COBIS network
- A network of support through contacts, consultancies, information and marketing
Mr Bell, Executive Director of the BSB, said “It is only a small number of schools who have got this based on really tightened regulations around standards and safeguarding. This now means we have all the quality kite marks we can have: British Schools Overseas (BSO), Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC), Council of British International Schools (COBIS), National Association of British Schools in Spain (NABBS), Asociación de Colegios Privados Independientes – Círculo de Calidad Educativa (CICAE – Spanish top independent schools) and very soon Council of International Schools (CIS).”